Therapy & Us
While relationships are central to our existence and well-being, experiencing challenges in our relationships is common.
Concentric's Blog Posts on Couples and Marriage
Working with a therapist can help you better understand yourself and your partner, bringing harmony and balance to your relationship. Our passion is to help you and your partner improve your intimate relationship, manage conflict better, cultivate deeper understanding and connection, repair and rebuild when there has been betrayal or distance in your relationship. Also, we want to help both of you create greater shared meaning, dream more and have fun together!
All of our couples therapists are Gottman-trained and use The Gottman Method as our foundation when working with couples while tailoring our therapy with each couple based on relevant therapeutic models. We conduct a through assessment with each couple before providing our feedback and treatment recommendations. We incorporate The 4 Horsemen and The Sound Relationship House into your couples therapy while guiding the both of you through a number of exercises to promote better communication, de-escalation and less fights, and greater intimacy. The Gottman's have devoted 40+ years in research in the area of couples therapy. The Gottman Method is an evidence-based scientific and clinical model for couples therapy.
- Feeling uncertain about taking your relationship to the next level?
- Fighting about the same issues?
- Asking yourself, "Is this it?"
- Experiencing betrayal and lack of trust?
- Feeling the spark is gone or in a sexless relationship?
- Struggling with parenting and raising a healthy family?
- In a relationship with a partner who struggles with an addiction or serious mental illness?
- Constantly in a dance of come here, go away?
- Done with a relationship after the initial 'high' or limerence has faded
- Pre-marital counseling
- Couples and marital conflicts
- Communication difficulties
- Emotional and sexual intimacy issues
- Co-addicted relationships
- Adjusting to a significant life change
- Infertility struggles
- Grief and loss
- Emotional and sexual infidelity and betrayal
- Preparing or adjusting to arrival of baby
- Postpartum depression
- Parenting issues
- Separation and divorce
- Learning how to co-parent